Monday, July 28, 2014

SUCCESS!

I hope everyone had a great time at the reunion.  It was wonderful to see cousins, their kids and grandkids!  We had plenty of yummy food and treats to keep us munching at all times.  The kids appeared to have as good a time and the adults. 

Thanks to Bart for all his research in finding the old homestead and getting us permission to drive right up to the old house and barn area.  What a treasure to be able to see where Grandpa Orr originally came from.  I would love to see Bart write up some of the history he learned and share with us all, (my brain just doesn't retain things like it used to).  Perhaps in all your spare time you could do that Bart!!!  I am kidding of course, I know you don't have any spare time. 

Thanks to Bart's family for bringing the boat for water activities that filled the afternoon for those interested. 

After dinner we had a few fun filled moments bidding on auction items, the kids seemed to have as much fun as the adults.  Thanks to all who donated items. 

Thank you to Wynn for updating the information in the directory.  I have several copies that I printed for those that want a hard copy, or I can email you an electronic file if you don't want a hard copy.  Thanks also to Wynn for being our official photographer and taking some great pictures.

Also a big thanks for those that pitched in and helped out in the kitchen with preparation and cleanup.  It was greatly appreciated. 

If anyone has pictures they would like posted, email them to me and I will post them.  I know several of you are shutter bugs and I think there are many more great pictures that I would love to see and post. 

The only thing left to do it bask in the memories of a great weekend and look forward to the next one!  Anyone who is interested in hosting the next reunion, the where and when, let us know.


No comments:

Post a Comment